If you’ve got pets, selecting the ideal carpet can be a bit stressful. Of course, you’ve got to prioritize the needs of your pet. This is particularly true if you consider yourself a proud pet parent. You can do this by selecting a pet-friendly carpet. However, you also want to pick a carpet that fits your practical needs and match your interior design.
There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a carpet for your pets. This includes what type should you choose, what color is best, how often should you hire carpet cleaners, and much more. Today, we are going to discuss some things to consider when choosing a carpet for your pets.
The Ideal Form of Carpet Pile for Your Pets
This is one popular question that pet owners ask whenever they’re looking for the ideal carpets for pets. What form of the pile is most pet friendly and the best? You should generally pick a pile that’s quite short since it gets rid of the possibility of your pet’s claws catching it and getting harmed.
The most common carpet pile forms to think about include:
- Frieze – Though less uniform compared to Saxony, this type of pile is still actually excellent for pet owners since it is excellent at concealing stains and is durable.
- Saxony – One of the ideal pile for pets is Saxony since it hides nicely stains, scratches, and wear.
The truth is that a couple of carpets are more pet-friendly and pet-resistant compared to others. If you want to prevent selecting a carpet that is not ideal for your pets, there are two types of carpets you have to consider. This includes:
- Nylon Carpet
This type of carpet is a pet-resistant and pet-friendly carpet. It stands up to regular traffic from your pets, does not hold pet odors, and is easy to clean. It’s one of the ideal carpets for your pets since it’s convenient to clean and very durable.
- Wool Carpet
This type of carpet is both quite a stain-resistant and durable material. Pet owners find that wool performs extremely great in homes with pets since it is both a beautiful and natural material. Your dog or cat will have a comfortable surface to sleep and walk on. In addition to all of that, the wool carpet will not show a lot of wear and tear as well.
Tips for Picking the Ideal Carpet for Pets
When selecting the ideal carpet for your pets, there are a couple of things you have to remember. This includes:
- You have to pick a particular pattern and color that will help conceal stains. As much as possible, you should avoid white carpets.
- Think about picking carpet tiles since they’re a lot simpler to replace if you’ve got a pet that is always making accidents indoors.
- Choose a carpet fiber that is more pet and stain-resistant. The most popular ones are nylon and wool. You need to pick the right carpet fiber even if your pet is trained to not make accidents indoors.